Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with a surgical or invasive procedure, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Careful assessment and consultation with you will ensure a successful treatment plan. The following steps are taken to complete a comprehensive cosmetic assessment:
- Colour photographs of your teeth and face are taken. This gives us a reference point from which to start.
- Plaster models help us assess arch shape and bite. These are made from an impression taken of your teeth.
- A special panoramic x-ray (OPG) helps us assess bone structure, in the presence of any pathology. It is important to know the foundations that we are working with...
- It may be a time saving exercise to have these taken before you arrive at our office. If you contact us, we can send you a signed OPG request form. This x-ray is able to be done for the Medicare rebate.
- We always ask about your expectations and requirements. As this is the most important part, it is critical that you tell us what you want.
- After listening to what you want, we can do an in-mouth mock up. This will give you a chance to visualise what your new smile would be like.
- When all this has been completed, a visit with the technician who will make your ceramic work ensures that he understands your teeth and face, and also your expectations.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding assessments, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer them.